Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chocolate understands


Happy Halloween! I’m hoping you aren’t in a sugar induced coma and know that it took great effort to limit the amount of candy I consumed today. It was my day of rest and having sugar intensified energy on top of my usual self would be a bit much. (even I can admit this)

Yesterday was a really great workout day for me. My gym is renovating and updating the equipment and the spin room was recently redone. I used to go to about 3 spin classes a week and loved it but haven’t been in months. So, as my cross training day I decided it would be a great opportunity to go back to spin and bring something fresh to my workout regime. It felt really great to cycle again and my legs were worked in a totally different way. In the hour class I covered just shy of 20 miles and kept my rpm between 85 and 115, which was the instructor’s goal for the class. I finished with some ab work and sit-ups and left the gym feeling…well pretty exhausted to be honest. So today I embraced my time off and am looking forward to a good night’s sleep.

Over the next couple of days and into the weekend, I’ll try some other classes at the gym alongside my running. This, combined with some good down time at home should help ward off any cold and flu bugs creeping around. I started to feel a little off today but got right on the vitamin c and herbal tea wagon to fight it. With upcoming travel, nothing is worse than getting sick or being sick and on the move. No significant plans for this weekend just yet, and I am totally okay with it but a few surprises and spontaneity will add some fun.

Well, I’m at the bottom of my tea and running low on energy so it’s a good time to turn in. Or maybe go have just one more little chocolate bar before bed…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment