Tuesday, October 23, 2012

You're my achilles heel


What a cold, gross, wet day. I feel like I can’t get warm with all the furnace mishaps happening around me lately. I looked forward to getting to the gym and having a solid weight session to warm me up.

It was busier than usual today at the gym but the only equipment that was hard to get were the treadmills and ellipticals, so I wasn’t affected. No aches or pains today from yesterday’s run and I’m glad I listened to some good advice (will continue to do so). The better portion of my workout was focused on legs – leg presses, curls, lifts, kicks, squats squats and more squats. For upper body I challenged myself by throwing in some push ups – kind of a big deal because I can’t remember when I last did did them. Holding my planks is finally becoming easier and my times are getting longer and my core is improving, which will really help out the training. Overall, it was a really great workout but one which will likely leave me a little bit delicate tomorrow.

So, I’m a major big fan of surprises, I’m not gonna lie. Today I received one in the form of a copy of T-Swift’s new cd! Such a thoughtful and unexpected gesture by a co-worker which made me act in a way that the rest of the office laughed at my craziness. She also knows how technologically inclined I am and that yes, I still use cds. I was so happy to blare T all the way to the gym and then home again. And now in my office. With the weather being so grim and me being so darn cold lately, this sweet act definitely warmed my heart.

I feel inspired now to surprise someone or do a random act of kindness. Even something silly like a pack of gum that nobody else but me would appreciate or an early morning text telling someone to have a beautiful day. Maybe drop off a care package full of someone’s favourite things to cheer them up. Just something to make someone feel as good as I did in one simple moment today.

“This is the golden age of something good and right and real…” T. Swift
 

No comments:

Post a Comment