Monday, October 22, 2012

RED

To start off the week right, I decided to go for a light, easy jog and see how my knee would feel. If there was any discomfort at all I would just stop and not push. Well, I am happy to report that it was a success. No pains or surprises and it felt good to be running again.

This weekend I really got into my new books and feel empowered with a new wealth of knowledge. There is such great information on form and technique and I kept correcting myself today and was pleased with the difference it made. Also, I’ve always thought that I was supposed to breathe in through my nose and exhale through my mouth. Apparently this method of breathing doesn’t deliver enough oxygen to your body and can make you tired. Good to know and I will continue to work on ensuring my mouth isn’t hanging wide open in bug trap mode.

It’s amazing how little changes can make all the difference. I wish I had started asking questions sooner to start focussing on the right things, and not the things that don’t matter.

(This is a short one… T-Swift’s new album is on replay and I’m trying to sing along)

Today’s distance: 5.27km
Today’s time: 34:28

No comments:

Post a Comment