Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Smile in the rain

Why do people working out look so miserable? Today at the gym I really noticed how many people looked very unhappy to be there. Instead of catching up on some shows, I listened to my ipod and I had the opportunity to notice my surroundings a bit more. Take the girl who had her treadmill at a ridiculous incline and she was clambering away and did not look impressed whatsoever. I think she was actually angry. Or how about the lady who came in, sat at two machines did a quick set and walked out with her head hanging low. HELLO – exercise releases endorphins which make you happy! Since you already made the effort to get to the gym, why not make the best of it? But then again I guess maybe everyone looks at me running away, sweaty as can be with a major grin on my face and wonders what my deal is.

Today marks my fifth week running and I am over the moon with my progress to date. I have been able to maintain a schedule, maintain a healthy diet, and have been motivated and happy throughout. Maybe having a goal and seeing improvement makes me happy to work out, but I figure you have to put your heart in all that you do in order to be successful. My nike+ told me today that I have run a total of 157kms, best 1km time of 4:42 and fastest 5km at 23:55. Not bad at all, and a good improvement since my first day and week. Seeing these numbers really pump me up to keep going and make me so ecstatic to know that I can do it.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.

Today’s time: 52:21.74
Today’s distance: 10.21km
 

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work N - I am proud of you... :)

    ReplyDelete