Friday, October 5, 2012

Happy Friday

This long weekend kicked off with a short workday. Early dismissal at noon was awesome! It is amazing how much more can get accomplished before the drones of employed people plug up every road way and store at the end of a work day. I had a great afternoon off and took advantage of it to get in a run earlier than usual.

Surprisingly, I rocked it today. I was pretty tired and didn’t know what to expect (I kind of envisioned curling up after a few steps) but once I got going it was clear I found my second wind. The outdoors was looking unpredictable so I opted on a treadmill run today. After the first kilometer I picked up the pace, managed to keep it and increase again. My breathing was right on and I kept good form. This was by far my best and favourite run, averaging 4:56 per km, and best time of 4:46 per km. Not too shabby when compared to my times last week. I really wanted to keep running but the possibility of pushing it too much and getting injured kept me in line. I completed the gym visit with a solid half hour of weights and left floating on my runner’s high.

In preparation of a busy long weekend, I took tonight to relax –a long soak in the tub, my favourite pajamas and curled up on the couch to watch a movie. Definitely not the most glamorous thing way to spend a Friday night, but one that I really enjoyed and definitely needed. The feeling of slowing down and having no agenda is a little luxury that should be indulged in more often. Even if just for a little while…
 
 
Today’s time: 49:33.26
Today’s distance: 10.02km
 

 Looking forward to a great weekend with family and friends and everything there is to be thankful for.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment