Saturday, October 6, 2012

A thousand reasons to smile

Happy Saturday! What a treat to sleep in this morning, definitely the right way to start a long weekend in my opinion. After my routine of pajama lounging and coffee, I was off to the salon to help get my hair (aka my frizz) under control. I’m not sure if it was all the caffeine or newly acquainted energy, but I was feeling rather bold. I entered with really blonde curls and left a straight brunette with bangs. With all my other changes why not spice up the do a lil bit? The balance of my morning was spent in prep of all the company to come – housekeeping, groceries and all the other wonderfully fun domestic duties. Mid-afternoon I set off the gym for my cardio and weight day and man was I disappointed when I got there and realized nike+ was still plugged into my computer at home. Oh well, guess I will rely on the treadmill readings. Again, another really great and easy run and I was able to increase my speed and maintain it. The effects of my upper body assault are looming and hopefully a soak will ease the aftermath of my incredible hulk session.

Tonight I stuck around home and got a head start on all the cooking for Monday, because boy do we love to eat around here and my guest list is growing. Plus, tomorrow afternoon we have a huge gathering at a close family friend’s house which is an annual to-do. While I look forward to all these events, it’s tough to think about those who are missing. Be it those who have left us or those far away. So many times I still find myself thinking about how I can’t wait to tell my dad my news or wish a friend could take a place at my table. And though it hurts, I just have to think about how many incredible, irreplaceable memories we have and how much my heart smiles when I think about all the special times shared.

I may never be able to make stuffing just like my dad’s but I will do everything I can to ensure his memory lives on through all of life’s changes. And to my dearest and nearest who can’t be here, know the door to my house and heart is always open to you.


 

Today's distance: 5.02 kms

Today's time: 26:13

No comments:

Post a Comment