Thursday, October 11, 2012

Gingerbread Man

Here we are, one more day until the weekend. Today was a day of rest and one which I looked forward to. As happy as I am with running and my progress, I equally love days to take it easy. It gave me a chance to run errands and catch up with some friends.

Today I also thought I would take the opportunity to update my playlist. I’m constantly sending myself emails with songs to download so after filtering through them I have compiled a rather stimulating playlist. So, since you are here already and I have nothing to report from the training side, please enjoy a sampler of N’s running mix (I even titled it gingerbread man on my ipod…yep, I’m a dork)
Track
Artist
Why you ask?
Titanium Feat. Sia
David Guetta                                         
Good beat, lyrics are inspiring!
Don’t Stop The Party
Black Eyed Peas
Super upbeat, makes me want to do a run/dance combo.
Billie Jean
Michael Jackson
No explanation.
Are You Gonna Be My Girl
Jet
I think this song makes me move faster…and do air guitar.
Gangnam Style
PSY
Just because. Love it.
Alright
Pitbull Ft. Michael Montano
I envision running somewhere tropical to this song.
Everybody Talks
Neon Trees
Fun song and breaks up all the dance tracks.
You Can Do It
Ice Cube
The song says it all.
Gipsy
Jesse Cook
Why not! Amazing guitarist.
Moves Like Jaggar
Maroon 5
Moves like Jaggar but runs like puma.
Purple Haze (remix) 
Benny Benassi vs. Hendrix
Listen to it and you too will love it – plus at 5:03 long I know I’ve done a km.
                                                           
If you know me, you will likely assume my cool down music consists mainly of my girl, Taylor Swift. Well that is correct but there are a few other tunes in there that I love to calm down to after a workout…

Promise
Romeo Santos ft. Usher
I hear this song and think of the beach and drinks with umbrellas in it.
Just a Ride
Jem
Good easy listening tune. I love her voice.
Jammin’
Bob Marley
Because every playlist needs at least one Marley Song!
 
Here For a Good Time                    
George Strait
So true. And I love country music.

Although my playlist is eclectic, it is a collection of songs that help me keep going and ones that make me smile every time they come on. I love how a song can change a mood, help set ambiance, trigger a memory and inspire.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nina,

    I hope you don't mind, but Nikki and I found your blog online and I am leaving a comment. I just read all of the posts, you are a very talented and inspiring writer! We are both chomping at the bit to get back into a fitness routine after reading your posts.

    Good luck on your journey and we'll both be following along. It sounds like you're doing a great job so far, the sky's the limit if you keep at it.

    Scott (Gregory, Nikki's husband, tall bald guy)

    ReplyDelete