Thursday, October 25, 2012

Being Better

I love how unpredictable our weather is. Dressing in the morning is a lottery, you just never know if you will win. Driving home from work today I noticed my car was telling me it was 25 degrees out. While I don’t think it was quite as warm as it claimed, the flocks of geese still kicking around could convince you otherwise.

What a perfect day to run outside and take advantage of this fall treat. I chose a route with sidewalks (safety first) but one that borders part of the city limit and showcases spectacular sunsets over acres of fields. My mind was racing all day and nothing felt better than to dedicate this piece of time to me. I am convinced that if the majority of the population started running, we would have more world issues resolved. It was tough to not keep looking to see my times on my watch, I was out to just run and ease back into greater distances and eventually faster speeds. Not looking for any injury or trouble.

This weekend is already shaping up to be a very busy one and will fly by quickly. Between moving friends and attending baby showers, I’m going to make sure I find my “me” time. My time to think, dream, reflect, plan and go at my own pace. A few weeks back I was so anxious to find someone to head out with me regularly. The more I have this time however; I am convinced it is a solitary sport. Well at least for me.

Maybe I couldn’t keep up with another runner anyways. I’m okay with it. Right now this is exactly what I need to be stronger and better every day.
 
Today's distance: 8.04km
Today's time: 51:22.13
 


No comments:

Post a Comment