Thursday, November 1, 2012

Its beginning to look a lot like...


Okay, I may be a little bit over the edge here but…Christmas is coming! With Halloween out of the way, it is time to start the festivities. While the majority of the people reading this are likely rolling their eyes at my childlike enthusiasm, I revel in all things Christmas.

It was eloquently expressed earlier this week by a dear friend that the recent weather has stripped all the beautiful coloured leaves from the trees and now, autumn is just plain ugly. With no use for ugly seasons, I am looking forward to everything associated with the holiday season. Think about it…what other time of the year can you buy eggnog flavoured everything? Surely by now the pumpkin spiced lattes are getting boring and a new flavour is needed? There are so many simple yet beautiful matters regarding Christmas. I love snow covered everything, smells of Christmas baking, the music, brandy on Christmas morning (that’s my mom’s tradition), the decorations, the glorious food, but most of all, the time spent with family and friends.

Flipping the calendar today and listening to the weather man talk about snow really got me thinking about all the fantastic times ahead. And while I had all intentions to run outside, the drizzle and snow forecast sent me running somewhere warmer...the gym. My run today didn’t start as solid as I had hoped, it took a bit longer to find my rhythm but once I got into it, it was smooth sailing. I am still fighting off some sort of sick feeling, but after my hour go I felt as good as new. Exactly what the doctor ordered.

With such cruggy weather, it felt good to bring in some cheer to the office today by firing up some good old Christmas tunes. Sure it’s still far away, but having something so fantastic to look forward to and getting little glimpses of it every day is what keeps us all going after all.

Today’s distance: 12.17km
Today’s time: 1:01.34
X
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment