Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Gym idol...

Wednesday! Glad I got my day right today, it means less confusion tomorrow morning when I open my work calendar… The office was an exciting place today with lots going on. October holds so much activity and all kinds of new customers coming on board so it really is awesome to go in everyday.

It was exciting to get an email mid-afternoon from my mom who said she wanted to join me at the gym. I’m always super happy when she takes time for herself as she spends countless hours devoting herself to her job, the community and family. Shortly after we left the house she realized she forgot her headphones and I offered to turn around and get them. She didn’t want to go back and she was content with no music or tv sound for her workout. Well…of all the days to forget headphones today was prime. Clearly someone misread “GYM” for “SINGING AUDITION”. However, it was very difficult to make her song selection, as her lyrical enthusiasm garbled up the words into a series of loud blurts and foreign noises. This carried on to the point when mom and I just looked at each other and laughed and a staff member finally asked her to take it down a notch.
 
My run was good and I really debated pushing it further. Everything has been going so well and I’m feeling strong enough to go greater distances. However, I received some sound advice from a very wise individual who suggested I stick to the training schedule to prevent injury. Well, I hope you are reading this and know that yes, I stuck with the schedule and am still happy with the outcome. I am looking forward to a bigger scheduled run this weekend and am making it a point to not partake in the annual food coma which often occurs with Croatian family gatherings at holidays. It is true that Europeans show their love through food and I am convinced that even if I didn’t cook a thing, my wonderful aunts will bring enough to feed everyone (and our neighbours) for a solid week. Little do my guests know that I will be cooking up a variety of super healthy and yet still delicious (it is possible people) dishes. Either way, it will be a good time and a good test to balance all of the events and eating habits I’d like to sustain.
It’s nice to have options no matter what the decision is, and to sometimes push the envelope…but often finding the right answer is as close as you heart.

Today’s time: 38:12.99
Today’s distance: 7.03km

No comments:

Post a Comment