Tuesday, October 9, 2012

If I could bottle it up...

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and this year was a really great one. My fridge is so full that I am sending food home and delivering food to everyone I know. It took a solid three minutes to locate cream for my coffee this morning. Yesterday was my day off running but the majority of it was spent on my feet and running around for drinks and chasing after my gorgeous little cousins.

Today I hit the gym feeling really great and excited to run. It was a solid run and I am really feeling stronger every day. My lil nike+ was definitely a really great investment and I’m still finding out new great features daily (I should really study the manual some more…). Hopefully this week I’ll head outdoors for a run again while conditions are still great and to ramp up my run again. While I look forward to it I must admit that catching up on all the TV shows has been really great and I’m getting used to running without music.

I recently read an article about drinking peppermint tea in place of an afternoon coffee or before a workout. Studies show that an athlete’s endurance is greater after drinking peppermint tea and they are also more alert and agile. Now, in place of my afternoon coffee I happily sip away at my tea and surprisingly, I think it works. On run days I will even have a few and I think now my body reacts as soon as I smell it (its go time!). All weekend long the smells of pumpkin goodies, the turkey cooking, and hearing old familiar music made me quite nostalgic. It’s amazing how many memories are triggered by a scent and how much I look forward to surrounding myself with them.

“Tonight I can smell the season the way it's usually only possible to at the very first moments of its return, before you're used to it, when you've forgotten its smell, then there it is back in the air and the flow of things shifting and resettling again.”
 
Today's distance: 10.10 km
Today's time: 49.:5.37
 

No comments:

Post a Comment