Thursday, October 4, 2012

My dirty laundry


Well, it has been a very productive day for a day of rest. After work I got right into my household chores which have been put on the backburner this last little while. While most people go to great lengths to avoid doing things like laundry and organizing, I really look forward to it. Actually, I LOVE doing laundry. As my co-workers learned today, I really consider it an enjoyable activity. I guess you could say I am a bit…particular… with my folding and hanging and with what goes in the dryer and what doesn’t. If you opened a linen closet in my house you would find all towels folded exactly the same, in a straight line, and sorted by size and colour. My fridge is perfectly organized and is a lovely display of fresh fruit and veggies with everything in its place (like a refrigerator commercial really) and contains no past due expiration dates. If you opened my clothing closet you would find everything colour blocked and shoes sorted by style and colour. And don’t even get me going about my accessories drawers…

So that’s a little insight to my minor case of OCD. (Can’t wait for you to visit and start opening all my cupboards) Here are a few other things you may not have known about me:
  • My all-time favourite vegetable is turnip. Raw or cooked. Oh and my choice snack foods are popcorn and pickles.
  • Playlists on my ipod go from heavy metal to jazz, country and to house music. Odd combination that gets me strange looks in traffic, but I love it all.
  • Despite my happy disposition, I have one of the worst tempers I know. Trust me.
  • I love cars, boats, quads…anything that goes fast. My dad thought I should have been born a boy.
  • As a child I dreamt of being a writer. And a race car driver.
  • I love water – being in it, on it, near it. This includes aquariums.
  • My baby toes don’t touch the ground. They are quite funny looking actually.
  • Flying makes me really nervous. I try and act all cool but I am petrified of heights.
  • A worst case scenario in my mind would involve my blow dryer breaking.
  • Paris is my dream vacation destination.

While my mishmash of quirky-ness and OCD can be considered totally bizarre, I look at it as my point of differentiation. And I’m grateful for all the events and people who have helped shape me into me, lifted me to help reach me dreams…and ensure I am always grounded…



 

No comments:

Post a Comment