Tuesday, October 2, 2012

National squirrel month

All day long I kept thinking it was Wednesday. Every time I wrote the date or made a calendar reminder I entered it into tomorrow’s date. I realized halfway throughout the day it was indeed only Tuesday. This made me pretty happy as my training schedule for today – Tuesday - was a combo run and weight day.

Weightlifting was definitely my first love at the gym. For me, it was the only endurance pain I actually really liked and could weather. However, doing weights without the cardio is like trying to drive a car without tires. The best results happen when everything works together, and to reach my goal I needed to kick it up a notch. Hence my newfound love of running.  Don’t get me wrong, it was really hard at first and my early attempts lasted a solid 30 seconds before I wanted to collapse into a coma. But over time persistence made it easier, and when it got easier it became enjoyable (because seriously, who likes difficult stuff?). And of course once the results start showing it really motivated me to keep going.

Tonight I headed to the gym for my run. There was a quick stop on the way to pick up the nike+ pod holder as the gps feature is useless running on a treadmill (thank you to the individual who reminded me of this…could have been embarrassing…). I haven’t run on a treadmill since September 19 and was eager to see how it felt and if there was any improvement on my time. Well ladies and gents, buckle down because my lil dandy of a run today beat all my other times thus far. Of course I wasn’t dealing with sporadic elevations and random shouting attacks, but tonight’s run felt so good and I am still sitting here with a smile. My weight session also felt so awesome and I can’t wait to dial up those numbers and come home and have a gun show in the mirror (yes, girls do it too).

Well, yesterday I said a lot of thanks in my blog and unbeknownst to me, today is national thank you day. It is also national squirrel month but I don’t know how that is relevant to anything. Thank you for your support, thank you for your kind comments and thank you pintrest for providing the most amazing motivational boards that thoughtful Nancy always finds and sends my way J

Today’s time: 27:28.38
Today’s distance: 5.25km

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment