Sunday, October 7, 2012

GTL (gym, turkey, lounging)

Happy Thanksgiving! Had a really great day today and I’m feeling quite content. What a perfect day of enjoying quiet time at home, a solid run and a great time at a family and friend’s dinner.

So, this afternoon I hit the gym for a distance run and was really happy with the outcome. I managed to beat my best times all round and a set new distance record. Not too bad, and totally necessary for all the pumpkin flavoured drinks and desserts to be consumed. One of the benefits of hitting the gym during any holiday is that there is nobody there. Especially on a Sunday holiday. No waiting for any equipment, no guessing if a locker is full or not, guaranteed to get a treadmill with a fan, and I had 12 tvs to tune in to all the channels I wanted to watch. All in all, it was a wicked run and I popped by the mall after to pick up a gift and see if they had my kicks in store yet. (Nike lunar glide 4 in volt yellow…think highlighter yellow. I’d take the orange too.) Nobody has them in stock in my desired colours, so I have come to the conclusion that I either have very poor taste in athletic footwear or every Canadian girl desires purple and pastel coloured shoes. Hopefully I find them soon or just suck it up and order them online from the States, but it will be good to get another pair to alternate my runs with.

Tomorrow is going to be my great big Croatian Thanksgiving and I am ready to welcome my wonderful and crazy family with open arms. I think I have digested enough You Tube videos and Julia Child recipes to adequately cook our turkey (did I mention this is my first time?). I’ll set the table with an extra seat in case anyone stops by, ensure there are enough large potatoes to shoot out of the potato gun (longstanding family tradition…), load my ipod with music I know but couldn’t translate, and be ready to soak up every minute with the most precious and beautiful people I know. And no matter what the day brings, I won’t forget that today’s little moments become tomorrow’s precious memories…


 


Today’s distance: 12.04 km

Today’s time: 58:11.66


No comments:

Post a Comment