Sunday, October 14, 2012

You just run

So, I didn’t get a chance to update my blog this weekend. Sorry! This weekend was a good mix of downtime, friend time and run time but in the mix of it all, it really became evident to me that I am a runner. I am a runner. Sounds pretty great and feels even better. Running has so many benefits beyond physical fitness for me. So many people ask me why or how and I wanted to share some of my love of running…

  • Running clears your head. No matter what the problem is, it doesn’t matter when you run.
  • Me time. I owe this to me. Everyone does. No excuses.
  • Stress relief. Big time.
  • Visualization and dream time. I dream all the time and nothing makes me feel more able to achieving my dreams then when I’m running.
  • Feeling of power. Learning what my body can do.
  • Runner’s high. Do it and find out what all the hype is.
  • Shoes. Yep, sneakers are stylish and sexy too you know.
  • The cravings for more. Every km makes me want to do another.
  • Goals and rewards. Set your goals. Reach your goals. Reward yourself.
  • Discovering a beautiful road, trail, pathway and feeling like you are the first to discover it.
  • Being inspired and inspiring others.

Friday I kicked off the start of my weekend with a new distance record for me, 13.10 km in 1:01.13. I felt so elated leaving the gym. I spent a quiet night in as Saturday was a fun filled day with my Chrissy. It won’t be long until she moves so I am going to relish every last ounce of friend time with her.

Saturday morning I had my mini routine of coffee and pajama time and set out for an hour massage at 9am. A super nice and unexpected surprise as a thank you from Chrissy from her wedding this summer. It has been a good 5 years since such royal treatment and it definitely won’t be that long until my next one! Divine is an understatement and my body is so thankful. We had an afternoon doing our thing – shopping, eating, lazing and went out for drinks later in the night. I stuck to my schedule and got in a quick run and a good weight session and was glad I did. 5.12km in 25:11.25 and a combo upper body and leg day.

Last night was a late night, ending around 2:00am so I gave myself a good 8 hours of sleep before taking on the world. Being dd has its advantages for sure – the people watching is the greatest entertainment and there is no recovery period needed. Had an amazing run today, the kind where it really felt like I could just keep going. And I likely would have but some wise advice came to mind to keep me from overdoing it. I went farther than scheduled but today I just wanted to run. And run I did – 15.05 km in 1:17.47, my farthest yet. Also the most calories I’ve burned at 990 and I must say that I was looking forward to a nice dinner out for my mom’s birthday. Imagine if you will, my excitement at the discovery of an ice cream bar at the restaurant (I LOVE ice cream)!!!

This week will be a good week. And even though I may not know if I am running to or from, I will just run.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment