Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Attack the day

It’s beginning to feel as if fall is pretty near over and winter will take over anytime now. Mornings are frosty and after work it is quite chilly and the sun is getting ready to set earlier. I reluctantly packed away summer clothing last week and have all warm and wonderful options hanging in my closet. I have also come to grips that any sun exposure will now only occur in a tanning bed for the next several months.

My intention today was to head outside for my run. It was really crisp but manageable… until it started raining really cold raindrops and created a not so manageable climate to run in. So onward I went to the gym and was happy when my mom decided she would join me. She decided that every time I ask her to go to the gym she would go. Mom, I’d ask you to go daily with me but I wouldn’t want you to break your commitment. She had a really great, long walk on the treadmill and did her weights and I set out for a combo run and weight session. I was feeling fairly tired all day but managed to get a second wind and have a good run. Weights today consisted of 80% leg work and 20% upper body. It felt good to be able to push myself and do extra reps and increase what I was lifting.

Last night I woke up to a lot of howling, barking and yelping from a very cheerful group of coyotes. While living in the country is really great and can be peaceful, I would like to point out that wild life typically is only seen and heard at wee hours of the morning. And to me, this is terrible news. I really and truly am not a morning person and it takes a great deal of time before I begin to function like a respectable individual. I value sleep like a prized possession and am not a fan of disruptions. This potentially threw me off a bit today and I am looking forward to a quiet, restful slumber this evening and to feel energized and refreshed tomorrow.

I am going to make a point to work on this AM malfunction issue and become a better morning person…perhaps one who can even go for a run in the morning and be happy about it!
N's plan of action
Ready to ward off any potential attackers…
Me and my handsome little cousin
 

Today's distance: 8.05km

Today's time: 39:53.06


1 comment: