Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Shake it up!

Well, today was a great day at work and it went by super quick. In prep for today’s run, I downloaded a new playlist last night (and yes, Gangnam Style is on it…) to keep things fresh and I even included some songs I typically wouldn’t think of running to. Normally I like dance and house music cranked up loud but am finding some other styles which are pretty sweet to run to!
 
As soon as I got out of my car and headed down the street, I noticed the huge rain clouds looming above. While every part of me suggested to head on over to the gym and run inside, I managed to convince myself that it was still warm enough outside if it did start raining. (16 degrees is still okay, right?) I’m glad I stuck to staying outside because the run today was fluent. My body is feeling stronger, my breathing is right on and today I beat my fastest km time. Also, I have been paying more attention to my eating and ensuring I have enough carbs for fuel.
 
So, while I managed to escape the rain today, it is evident that I will need a plan of action for the winter months when conditions are less than ideal. Luckily, I just found out tonight that a treadmill is en route and will take up residence in my house this weekend J
Today’s Distance: 8.56km
Today’s Time: 1:00.35
Post-run shake deliciousness. Seriously!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment