Friday, September 21, 2012

TGIF.

Thank goodness its fall. Don’t get me wrong, I love summer, but there is something about the autumn season that I am so partial to. Personally, there is no worse feeling then trying to have a solid run in temperatures that make me sweat from doing nothing at all. You know, the kind of heat that turns leather car seats into frying pans. I’ve been watching the slow changes in the amount of daylight we have and the temperatures dipping down, and tomorrow I will embrace the fall season (and all the wardrobe options) with open arms.

This week had been a good, gradual build for me and my running. It has been a long time since I’ve run consecutively and I must say, this feeling is kick ass. Actually, this whole week has been a really great buildup for a number of successes – we are making serious progress at work, multiple birthday celebrations for loved ones, a surprise delivery at work and then a really great run to top off the week! It was also really wonderful that my mom joined me tonight. Maybe she didn’t want to listen about my rambling about all things exercise and health related!? We took a quick drive to a quiet side road and while I took off running, she had a nice walk to work off the week’s worries. The road that we were on is surrounded by conservation and a number of farms. It’s crazy how easy it is to forget how much beauty is so close by. The sights and smells were so refreshing, the air had just the right amount of chill, my playlist was rocking and everything just felt so right. These simple things made my heart smile and I am going to continue to work on finding the simple pleasures and beauty in everything that surrounds me.
There are moments that make you realize how great life is, and it feels so great to know that step by step, I’m increasing my time here to enjoy them.

Today’s distance: 6.4kms
Today’s time: 45:49
Ready to run with my power rangers watch!
 
 







Beauties!

1 comment: