Thursday, September 20, 2012

DOR (Day of Rest)

Today is my day of rest. As great as it would have been to head outdoors after work and focus on running, it was just as important to focus on friend time today. Finding balance on many levels in life is so important and unfortunately, lately my share of friend time has been very limited. When Chrissy told me she had tonight free, I jumped at the opportunity for a hang out.


To say Chrissy is one of the coolest, sweetest, and greatest friends anyone could ever have would be the understatement of the century. She is a perfect mix of astonishing fun and reasonable grownup-ness. She is always the first person to celebrate a success in life and the first person to be at your door when you need it. Our friendship grew really strong when we realized we really were too lazy to make any other friends in our city and besides that, very few people would want to play our Saturday morning game of “Let’s pretend we are in University”. I definitely gained more respect for her when she patiently waited for me to join the gym and then put up with me when I called her every day after to go.
 
I think a really large part of my inspiration to be healthier and stronger came from her and she has taught me so many lessons to living better and for that, I am truly thankful. Tonight she took me to a really great little restaurant I have been dying to go to and we spent the night talking about future plans and how to move forward in the new year. We had great conversations over a tasty meal and enjoyed some live jazz.  Although she will be moving away this fall (and here is the part where it takes all my might to hold back my tears…) I know our friendship will continue to flourish and that she will always be there to support my crazy adventures.


Saw this aquarium behind the bar...
not as big as the one in Atlanta...









 

Live jazz band :)

No comments:

Post a Comment