Tuesday, September 18, 2012


Well here I am on day two. I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and with more energy than yesterday morning. This is a major improvement as yesterday morning I struggled to open my eyes and get moving.  Anyone who knows me will attest that I am not by any stretch of the imagination, a morning person. On questionnaires that ask what my favourite pastime is, I write “sleeping”. There is great satisfaction hitting the snooze button until having to jump out of bed like a ninja when I realize I have overslept.
Day two already presented a challenge and an excuse to not hit the road running – plans after work. While I could have easily decided that the plans take precedence over my training program, I’m determined to not allow roadblocks and extracurricular activities stop me! Of course I could try and run in the morning but clearly, that is not going to happen. Well not yet. So I kept my dinner plans and my gym date, and have demonstrated that it is possible to fit in everything I want to into a day. Mind you, half my dinner was packed and put aside right away (as to not overeat) and I drank water instead of my usual pint. I also ran an hour after eating instead of my preferred two hours. But I did it.

To further convince myself that I can maintain the training, on my way home from the gym I invested in a little gadget to help me keep track of my progress. I’m all for performance enhancing devices and it is with great excitement I will put on my new Nike+ Sportwatch GPS (which so conveniently matches my workout gear) and head outside for my run tomorrow. There is no doubt it will be tougher than the flat line treadmill, and I won’t be able to tune into some sappy soap opera on TV, but instead I will be outdoors breathing in the first of the fall air and admiring the changing colours.



Who knew the autumn season could represent new life…

Today’s time: 36:18
Today’s distance: 3.62 miles/5.79 kms

No comments:

Post a Comment