Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Monday...

Monday, you came too quickly. I could have sworn weekends were longer. Today was a good day at work but I struggled with my energy level from all the excitement and activity over the weekend. A good sleep in on a lazy weekend morning with multiple cups of coffee in my pajamas is my ultimate leisure interest that I unfortunately didn’t get to partake in this weekend.

After wondering how the heck I was going to get through a run today I just decided to do it. No focus on time, just an easy 5km. It was pretty windy out so the resistance was greater but the cool air felt good and made breathing easy. I have also found that by hitting a decent sized hill at the beginning of my run, the warm up is faster and makes the rest of the run feel like a piece of cake!
This week I’m going to look into some classes for the winter months that will compliment my training. Something fun, exciting and maybe every unexpected. Something that will ramp up my running to the point of running circles around turtles. Indoor soccer would also be awesome but I have yet to find a league that offers it for my (very young I may add) age group. Besides, with Chrissy moving shortly I need to work fast and find a replacement and this would be an ideal way to meet someone new! (just kidding, it’s not possible to replace her but I will need to call someone daily and ask them to workout with me…)

Week two is off to a good start and I’m excited to see my progress and to continue introducing new facets into my life. For people with an open heart and open mind are the happiest.
...even it means dropping everything and becoming a ninja!
Today’s distance: 5.03km
Today’s time: 36:50

No comments:

Post a Comment