Monday, November 26, 2012

Let it snow...

Today I watched the weather network in anticipation of a great snowfall. Despite the various warnings of winter wonderland, nothing fell from the skies. Call me crazy, but I really looked forward to heading outdoors for a run, even in the below freezing temperatures in the beauty of fresh snow.

I was feeling quite tired all day but as soon as my feet started moving and the cold air inhibited my lungs, I got my second wind. It was another slow, easy pace and just a short distance of 5 km. There were no aches or pains and I stuck to my gut and didn't push myself on speed or distance. Yes, it's irritating and painful to start at the beginning of the training program again, but not nearly as what I went through physically and emotionally. Everything happens for a reason and this will help keep me grounded.

The countdown is on. 30 days from now it will be Christmas. 30 days from now I'll be covering more ground again and hopefully be well adjusted to the joys of running outside. Trust me, I will need to run to burn off all the calories from my baking. 30 days from now I'll be an aunt and will get to celebrate Christmas with my nephew. So many incredible moments coming up, so many reasons to keep smiling and be thankful.

Christmas waves a wand over the world and behold, everything is softer, magical and much more beautiful. If only I could borrow the wand for the balance of the year...


Making spirits bright...

No comments:

Post a Comment