Sunday, November 25, 2012

On the way

This past week has been a really quiet one in terms of my training. After my chiropractor appointments and adjustments I decided it was best to ease off running for a few days and focus more on having a thorough recovery.

I've never suffered from aches or pains or back pains so this whole episode of 24/7 back pain has been quite trying. Forget wearing any heels, putting on normal pants was a challenge. It was surprising also how my spirits plummeted. Even though this is a temporary setback, I am the ridiculously stubborn type who always wants to do exceed and am not a fan of veering off my plans and goals. However, there is an abundance of advice and reference materials regarding running injuries so I focused more on absorbing this and working on a plan to get better.

This weekend was one of celebrations. On Friday Monique and I had some much needed girl time. We braved the mall and scored some gorgeous dresses and caught up on all the latest and greatest. My beautiful cousin celebrated her 40th birthday and a number of close friends and family went out to an incredible venue for a girls night out yesterday. Today was a baby shower for my beautiful sister in law and it was so wonderful to help welcome the newest addition to the family. Also, I managed of get in a run with no pains, aches or problems. And can I mention that It was an outdoor run? Yes, I veered away from the glistening treadmill track and opted to run outside. It may have been minus 0 but the snow falling through the sun light in the perfectly manicured gardens was worth every bone chilling breeze. The cold air biting my lungs made me feel alive, made me feel grateful for being able to take in all the feelings I was experiencing. Although it was a small run, only 30 minutes or so, and only just over 4.3 kms, it felt like a small victory.

Looking back is helping me look forward. It is easy now to see where I have made errors and I have learned what I need to do to succeed. Starting at the beginning again may be just what I need to get back to where I want to be




No comments:

Post a Comment