Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Down for the count

Well, I am sad to report that I really did a number on myself. I managed to not only hurt my knee from Sunday's run, but also throw out my back. Enough so that I spent the day at home yesterday frantically trying to get an earlier appointment with my chiropractor.

It turns out my hips were still misaligned and the stress on my knee and not a full recovery did me in. I may have pushed myself too hard also and may have escaped this setback had I slowed down and focused more on an easy and light run. What's done is done and all I can do now is learn from it and focus on preventing it. Also, I found out my flat feet are also contributing to my injury so I was fitted for orthotics to help correct my gait issues.

The next couple of days I'm going to work on just getting better and to a point where I am not in constant pain. When that happens, I'm going to try again. But this time with some new and improved knowledge and respect for my body and running.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Take the time to recover and rest before you try again. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete