Sunday, November 4, 2012

Be confident

It is the end of another weekend. However, we were gifted with a whole extra hour today. What a perfect opportunity to jam in as much stuff as possible before it gets put on the backburner to next weekend. I took full advantage of this extra hour and slept in. While I should feel guilty about not finishing a million projects, my body definitely thanked me.

On Friday I was scheduled for some cross training. Being adventurous, I thought I’d check out another class after work at the gym. I opted on a class called “rock bottom”. How inappropriately labelled in my opinion. It really should be called “take this class and you won’t be able to walk/sit/drive/bend over for a week”. It was evident that after the full hour of lunges, squats, burpees and balance ball I was going to have an issue. This weekend was spent in slow motion for me so I wasn’t too sure how running would be. I took Saturday off from any workout but spent a lot of time stretching.

This morning I was still pretty sore when waking up but quickly got over it as a good friend was in town and I went to visit her and Moe and have some much needed girl time. It was so great to catch up and learn about all the new adventures in my friend’s life. The day was still young so I figured it was also a good time to continue my shopping adventures for a few needed items.

I finished off my Sunday with my run. While changing into my gym clothes was painful, I was happy to learn that running was not. My training today called for an 80 minute session. Finding my pace and keeping form was surprisingly easy today and overall it was a good run. I kept my pace consistent with one increase in speed as I knew if I pushed in the beginning I would likely struggle through the end. While the gym was quiet, there were some other runners nearby and having someone on the treadmill for a similar amount of time always feels encouraging. Today was a new personal record day for distance, time and calories burned and I left the gym feeling really satisfied and with my silly grin.

This week is going to be a busy one. My work is volunteering at a local foodbank on Tuesday and Wednesday I head out for a business trip. Friday is girls night and on Saturday it’s time to celebrate Chrissy and Wade’s new house.

It feels to good to know that no matter where I go or what I do, I am stronger and more confident each and every day.

Today’s distance: 16.14
Today’s time: 1:22.41
 

No comments:

Post a Comment