Sunday, December 9, 2012

She's back!

I have managed to let another week get by without doing any updating. This past week has been quite eventful with work travel, a visit with my Chrissy and then to end my week - two Christmas parties. As much as I love the excitement of everything, I enjoyed being lazy for most of today.

My run last Sunday left me a little sore so I didn't get back out running until Wednesday morning. Work had me on my way to Baltimore on Wednesday afternoon and I flew from the airport near Chrissy and Wade's house, which gave me the perfect opportunity to visit. I stayed over on Tuesday and packed my gear for an outdoor run. My past few outdoor runs had me realize I am an over dresser. After ten minutes I find myself wishing I could lose the layers and find the balance of my run too warm. However, when faced with gusts of icy cold wind accompanied by ice pellets like on Wednesday, I'm thankful and persevere through it. My distance was just over 5.5 km and I felt that was the perfect distance for my state of recovery. There was a bit of pain on Wednesday but I woke up on Thursday feeling back to normal.

After a long travel day on Thursday, I took some extra time on Friday to sleep in and play domestic goddess before heading out for my company Christmas party. It was a great time but Saturday proved be a tired day and I had to get a nap in to recharge for Saturday's party. Sounds tough, I know. This morning I woke with the intention to have a run outside but freezing rain had me stick the gym treadmill. I had a solid 6 km run and finished feeling good and more notably, pain free! My time is still slow but is a small price to pay to get back on track. My gym has been renovating and updating the equipment and I enjoyed a weight session to finish off which will likely take a few days to recover from!

After the cheesecake, beer, cotton candy, airport food, creme brûlée and other tasty unmentionables this past week, today was exactly what I needed to get focused. But every now and then, you just have to dance in the refrigerator light...




No comments:

Post a Comment