Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy N Year

Happy New Year! And a belated Merry Christmas too...it's been a long time! It's crazy to think another holiday season and another year has passed by. I managed to catch a nasty bug right before Christmas, so I spent a good portion of the holiday season in bed, so finding time to reflect on 2012 was quite easy.

This past year was a whirlwind of change and new adventures, all of which helped me grow into a stronger person. New house, new job, new car, friends moving away, meeting extraordinary people, a beautiful new baby nephew (born December 28, 8lbs 4oz....yep I'm so proud and excited!) and of course a new fitness goal for 2013. After almost two weeks off running due to travel, sickness and my lame-o excuses, it was great to be back at it today. Right off the gate I felt strong and getting through the 7kms was a breeze. A few minutes in, it was easy to remember why I run and what it means to me and made a mental note not to let it take a back burner.

Having no big party plans tonight will help me getup and kick off 2013 the way I want to. And while millions of resolutions will be made around the globe tonight and only a few will be fulfilled, I'm determined to stick to mine. Listen to your heart and follow it. Do things today that in a year from now you will look back and smile...not just wishing you had done them.




No comments:

Post a Comment