Monday, December 17, 2012

Dashing through the...

It's hard to believe that next week at this time it will be Christmas Eve. This weekend was my last go at shopping and out of desperation to escape the throngs of wild people, I may have overspent just to get the heck out of the mall.

This past Saturday, I set out for another run. I was looking forward to seeing how this one would go in comparison to earlier last week. It was easy to find my pace and everything went much better than my previous attempt. My feet were adjusting to their new positions and didn't protest like the last time. (Not as much anyways) I covered 6.5 kms in about 40 minutes and had a really solid weight session afterwards. This gave me a lot more confidence for today and I covered 7.1 kms in 40 minutes, a definite improvement. Actually, the whole run felt so great and I added a few intervals and finished with another good weight session. My body is feeling stronger again and I'm feeling that my ailments are now gone and corrected. Of course only time will tell, but I'm not going to push my limits this time round.

It will be an exciting week - work travel, visits with loved ones, potentially my new nephews arrival. And through it all, it feels good to know that I can outrun any of the craziness the holiday can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment