Thursday, December 13, 2012

Days like these...

I was really looking forward to my run today. Had a great day at work, ate really well and got setup with my new orthotics yesterday. All ingredients to a good run, right? Apparently not. For whatever reason, today just wasn't my day to run.

This past weekend I managed to run and remain pain free. Awesome. I felt great and for the first time in over a month I was feeling confident in my recovery. However, as soon as I started today it grew increasingly difficult to stay positive. It was expected that there would be an adjustment period to my orthotics but I couldn't help but feel like I had little prisons on my feet. If this is correct position then I can't help but wonder how I survived all these years! In addition, I couldn't get my breathing on cue and I couldn't help by watch the clock...the whole 6 kms, all 40 minutes...Not really an ideal or pleasant way to run.

Next week I'm looking forward to ramping up my workouts and getting back into some more weights. It was noted this week that I have a definite love and interest in weights and want to be a bodybuilder. I wouldn't go as far as saying I want to be a bodybuilder but there is such a great satisfaction in feeling and seeing the results that comes with doing weights. Additionally, it will help compliment the running...which I feel I clearly need right now.

There will be days when things just don't line up, when I will ask myself what the heck I am doing. But on these days I will look back to all the great days and wonderful thoughts to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment