Sunday, February 3, 2013

Work for it

This weekend was a good mix of some solid me time and catching up with wonderful friends. Throw in some new car shopping along with copious amounts of laundry and ladies and gentlemen, that's my weekend!

I had all the right intentions to work out yesterday, but had to check out new rides with mom, visit with my lil nephew and had dinner with a good friend. Heck, I even thought about working out after my dinner date but let's be honest - 2 delicious cold pints, salmon and sweet potatoes fries left me longing for couch lounging.

Today was an early morning and I set out for a run before lunch. I'm more of an afternoon or evening exerciser so I was pleasantly surprised when I managed to complete 16 kms relatively easily. So my time wasn't overly fantastic but it was consistent and I didn't push myself today. I enjoyed the whole hour and 43 minutes it took me to complete it. Had another great dinner date tonight and had some quiet time before stocking up on groceries and coming home to get ready for another week.

Looking back, this was my second farthest run since I started my goal. Sure, there is still a really long way to go but it feels good to reflect on have far I've come. And for the first time, when I realized I had an hour left on my run today, I really looked forward to it...and didn't dread it.



No comments:

Post a Comment